Diversity. I love that word on so many levels. I thought that today I will make a statement on why I love my adopted state. I say that because I was born in California and lived there for 17 glorious years.
My dad, Ray, worked for Lockheed in Burbank and I got to experience the years that that area was so beautiful and fun.
He built planes and worked in Flight Test. He worked for Howard Hughes. He built and painted P-38's (that is why you will find the "p-38" in most things that identify me online. And then in 1961 he moved us to Bend, OR and he went to work teaching at COCC.
This beautiful place in which I am honored to live is diversified in beautiful ways. To the West of town we have the gorgeous Cascade Mountain Range. And to the East of town we have the high desert. Here are some photos, some mine and some of my friend John's, that will document why I love this place I live. How could anyone live here and not wake up with a Thank You to the One who created it all ?
John and I met in 1971 when he moved his young bride and his young self to Boise, ID from State College, PA. They were just two kids on a big adventure. The first of his family to move to the "Wild West" and the first to go to college - we all graduated from Oregon State but never knew each other there. MaryAnn died last year of breast cancer. I had moved to Boise for my job, and yes, I was young then too.
John loves to ride horses, shoot things with his camera and follow wild mustangs. The above captures a typical Sunday afternoon for him.
We are so blessed in Oregon to have the glorious Steen mountains and all the wildlife they offer. Here are some curious antelope.
And, yes, those magnificent Sage Grouse, the coordinates for whose habitat, for those of us who know them, will remain secret to protect them. It always gives me chills to see them in their glory, undisturbed.
The wildflowers and pastoral scenes we live among, season after season.
The wild mustangs that only a few people know about. Once a year there is a round-up and adoption run by the State. I love to see them at play and with their young families year after year. The way we can grow some beautiful plants with much nurture and water.
And the sunsets at the end of each day.
I have so much more to share, but also have bills to pay so must bid you adieu for now.
Be Grateful In It All.
My dad, Ray, worked for Lockheed in Burbank and I got to experience the years that that area was so beautiful and fun.
He built planes and worked in Flight Test. He worked for Howard Hughes. He built and painted P-38's (that is why you will find the "p-38" in most things that identify me online. And then in 1961 he moved us to Bend, OR and he went to work teaching at COCC.
This beautiful place in which I am honored to live is diversified in beautiful ways. To the West of town we have the gorgeous Cascade Mountain Range. And to the East of town we have the high desert. Here are some photos, some mine and some of my friend John's, that will document why I love this place I live. How could anyone live here and not wake up with a Thank You to the One who created it all ?
John and I met in 1971 when he moved his young bride and his young self to Boise, ID from State College, PA. They were just two kids on a big adventure. The first of his family to move to the "Wild West" and the first to go to college - we all graduated from Oregon State but never knew each other there. MaryAnn died last year of breast cancer. I had moved to Boise for my job, and yes, I was young then too.
John loves to ride horses, shoot things with his camera and follow wild mustangs. The above captures a typical Sunday afternoon for him.
We are so blessed in Oregon to have the glorious Steen mountains and all the wildlife they offer. Here are some curious antelope.
And, yes, those magnificent Sage Grouse, the coordinates for whose habitat, for those of us who know them, will remain secret to protect them. It always gives me chills to see them in their glory, undisturbed.
The wildflowers and pastoral scenes we live among, season after season.
The wild mustangs that only a few people know about. Once a year there is a round-up and adoption run by the State. I love to see them at play and with their young families year after year. The way we can grow some beautiful plants with much nurture and water.
And the sunsets at the end of each day.
I have so much more to share, but also have bills to pay so must bid you adieu for now.
Be Grateful In It All.



No comments:
Post a Comment